[Please be advised that the information provided is not to be constituted as legal advice]
The best way to resolve any matter is by way of settlement. You will always be happier with the decisions that you made than a decision that is made for you.
During a family law matter, settlement can arise in the following ways:
- Negotiation with your partner’s lawyer resulting in a settlement.
- After some judicial intervention, the parties’ resolve the matter by way of separation agreement or a final consent order.
To maximize your position during the negotiation phase, we take the following steps:
- Prepare you for negotiations, we work with you to determine what is important to you and what you are willing to give up and what you cannot live without.
- Objectively determine the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
- Ensure we enter into all negotiations on a “Without Prejudice” basis so that the opposing party cannot use offers against you.
- Use the negotiations as a means to better understand the opposing party’s position, perspective, motivations and interests.